The Howard and Gladys Sleath Scholarships 2023 are available to students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Music degree. Your application must be submitted by a specific deadline.
In essence, this scholarship is provided by the University of Queensland (UQ), and it only covers the first year’s tuition. Consequently, anyone who is a citizen may apply for this prize.
- Degree: Bachelors
- Location: Australia
- Provided by: University of Queensland (UQ)
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Only tuition fees, first-year fees waiver
More About the Scholarship:
Initially established in 1998 as a result of Howard Sleath leaving the University of Queensland with half of his fortune. In addition, Mr. Howard Sleath was well-known among musicians all around Australia for his superb craftsmanship and talent as a manufacturer of stringed instruments.
Mr. Sleath gave the State of Queensland a string quartet, which the dean of the school of music will care for. At a performance in 1974, the Mayne String Quartet presented the Howard Sleath Quartet of Instruments to the general public.
Award and Value of the Music Scholarship
- The Senate may award one scholarship each year, at the Head’s request.
- Furthermore, the scholarship is valued at an amount equal to the annual income produced by the funds set aside for this purpose.
Eligibility for Bachelor of Music Scholarship
For consideration to be given for the scholarship, applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
- By the application deadline, the candidate must submit an application to the director of the Bachelor of Music (Honours) programme.
- Additionally, the first year of the programme requires the candidate to enrol full-time.