For Masters degrees in the fields of architecture, interior design, monument conservation, urban planning/urban development, regional planning, landscape architecture, and landscape planning, the DAAD Study Scholarships – Postgraduate Studies in the Field of Architecture 2023 are available.
A deadline that varies must be met for your application. This scholarship, offered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), has a Full Funding value of 934 euros a month, in addition to a travel reimbursement and other benefits. All nationalities, with the exception of Germans, are eligible for this Scholarship.
- Degree: Masters
- Provided by: German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Deadline: Deadline varies
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, 934 euros per month, travel allowanc, abd other benefits
- Host Country: Germany
Eligibility Criteria For Architecture Scholarships
- Candidates must have recently received their first university degree in architecture or a closely related subject while studying abroad at the time of application.
- If a candidate is already enrolled in the first year of their postgraduate program in Germany, they may apply in their second year of study.
- Applicants must be starting a Master’s degree, a postgraduate degree, or a complementing course without a final qualification at a state- or state-recognized German university.
- Final tests for candidates must have been completed no later than six months before the deadline.
- Applicants who had been residing in Germany for more than 15 months as of the application deadline were ineligible.
- Funding will be given in the following circumstances if the Master’s or postgraduate degree programme in which the applicant is enrolled includes a study abroad component:
- The study trip is crucial to achieving the scholarship’s goal.
- Less than one-fourth of the scholarship time is dedicated to the study abroad period.
- There is no study abroad component to the program.
Required Documents For DAAD Scholarships In the Field of Architecture
- An applicationform.
- 1–3 page motivational letter.
- All university diplomas are included, as well as a description of the grading scheme.
- If they are in a language other than German or English, translations must be submitted.
- List of all plans and designs submitted.
- For those applying for master’s degrees, fill out a form with your top choices.
- Acceptance letter from the host institution (for candidates for master’s degrees).
- confirmation of supervision from a German university professor (for candidates for complementary study).
- Formal declaration of the designs and plans created by them or the other parties involved.
- evidence of English and German linguistic proficiency.
- Additional documents that could be helpful.