In an effort to draw in and assist foreign students, the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) offers this fellowship for undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate programs. The USTC scholarship is intended to draw gifted people who exhibit academic distinction and is available to students worldwide. There are two levels for each fellowship program, and candidates can apply for one or both simultaneously. Based on a thorough assessment of the candidate, USTC chooses which fellowship level to provide. All candidates, however, are only qualified for a single scholarship. Due to its academic programs and reputation for scientific research, USTC is one of the best institutions in China and abroad.
- Degree Level: Bachelor, Masters and PhD
- University: University of Science and Technology of China
- Host Country: China
- Fellowship Value: Fully Funded
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Deadline: March 31, 2024
Benefits of The USTC Fellowship Program
- Scholarship recipients will not have to pay tuition, which will significantly lessen the financial load of their academic endeavors.
- Free lodging in university dorms is available to students, or they can get an accommodation grant to help with housing costs.
- The fellowship in China also provides a monthly stipend; the amount varies according to the student’s academic standing.
- Additionally, students pursuing a bachelor’s degree are paid 2,500 RMB per month in stipend.
- A stipend of 3,000 RMB is awarded each month to master’s degree candidates.
- In the same vein, students pursuing doctorates receive a monthly stipend of 3,500–7,000 RMB, contingent upon their chosen level.
- Moreover, fellows also receive complete medical insurance coverage.
Eligibility Criteria For The USTC Fellowship Program
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens or foreign nationals in order to be eligible for the USTC Fellowship.
- Furthermore, applicants for Chinese language programs need to have completed HSK Level 4 or above. In the meantime, candidates must submit documentation of their proficiency in the English language for programs offered in that language.
- All applicants to bachelor’s programs need to be high school graduates.
- A bachelor’s degree that meets the requirements of the Chinese educational system is necessary for admission to the master’s program.
- Similarly, candidates for doctorate programs need to have a master’s degree that satisfies the requirements for Chinese equivalence.
- A Pre-graduation Certificate is required from those who want to complete their degrees, certifying that they will complete their coursework and receive their degrees by July 2024.
- As of September 1, 2024, applicants to bachelor’s programs must be under thirty, and those to master’s programs must be under forty.
- The age limit for applicants to Ph.D. programs should be no higher than 45.