Description of the UK Scholarship
UK The School of Earth and Environment at the University of Leeds is one of the top institutions that support the study and research in environmental and earth sciences. As a result, the university provides a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in numerous fields, such as geology, climate change, sustainability, and environmental management.
As an international student at the School of Earth & Environment, you might initially anticipate a demanding and supportive study environment. The school’s numerous excellent amenities include contemporary classrooms, labs, field stations, and research centers that allow students to engage in hands-on study and become experts in their chosen fields. The faculty also provides top-notch training and mentorship because they are highly qualified, internationally acknowledged authorities in their specialties.
About the University of Leeds
More than 150 different countries send students to the University of Leeds, which is well known for having a strong international community on campus. As an international student, you will also have access to a range of support services, such as academic assistance, English language assistance, and assistance with immigration and visas. You can fully immerse yourself in a diverse and inviting environment thanks to the institution’s abundance of possibilities for social contact and cultural exchange.
Due to the presence of great facilities, renowned staff, and a welcoming international community, international students at the School of Earth and Environment, University of Leeds, have a fantastic academic experience.
- Country: UK
- Degree: Bachelor
- Institution: University of Leeds
- Funding Coverage: Partial Funding
- Deadline: Varies
- Eligible Nationalities: Open to international students of all nationalities.
Available Subjects in UK Scholarship:
The following fields of study are open to applicants for this award.
- Environmental Science
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- Value-wise, here’s what’s on the table: Up to £5,000.
- Based on academic achievement, this automatic scholarship is given out. For the purposes of paying tuition, you must be an international student who is self-sufficient, new to the University of Leeds, starting at Level 1.
Eligibility Criteria for UK Scholarship :
- International students enrolling at Level 1 must be financially independent and brand-new to the University of Leeds.
- Self-supporting students who successfully completed the International Foundation Year (IFY) at the University of Leeds are eligible for a scholarship. An admission offer is necessary for enrolment in the undergraduate degree programs offered by the School of Earth and Environment in 2023–2024.
- Up to £5,000. £3,000 in the first year and £1,000 in each of the following years, contingent upon good performance.
- You must earn a yearly achievement rate of at least 60% and complete each module on your first attempt. Your scholarship will be revoked by the scholarship committee if you don’t achieve the 60% criterion in a year.
- However, if you achieve 60% or more the next year, the scholarship committee will renew your award. For each year of study, the scholarship committee will provide a prize of £1,000.
- You won’t be qualified for the scholarship during your year of industrial placement or your year spent studying abroad.