The highly regarded Geneva Graduate Institute in Switzerland is accepting applications for the Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship, which will help Afghan women advance their knowledge of international relations and development.
The master’s degree programs at the Geneva Graduate Institute seek to expand the reach of Afghan women’s university education abroad in light of the current political climate in Afghanistan and severe constraints on women’s higher education. By completing their degrees, they will get access to a career in academia and diplomacy, a position in non-governmental and international organizations, or a job with a multinational corporation. This program gives them a competitive advantage in the global community.
- Degree: Masters
- Provided by: Geneva Graduate Institute
- Deadline: 10, October, 2023
- Scholarship value: Partially Funded
- Location: Switzerland
About Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada
Maria Rosario earned a Magna Cum Laude from the State University of Milan in Italy and currently teaches high school literature and history. She earned a degree in the history of Christianity from the university and graduated.
As a result of Maria’s attention to the woman’s circumstances, her thesis on witchcraft (La Stregoneria, Mondadori, 1984; S. Abbiati, A. Agnoletto, and M. R. Lazzati) was expanded into a book by two other historians.
The Comitato Arghosha Faraway Schools is a nonprofit focused on women’s education that Maria Rosario founded in Afghanistan in 2005. The bulk of the 5,500 students enrolled in these schools are female. Ten (10) schools were built by the organization with little to no educational framework access for girls.
Majors of Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship:
- International Relations/Political Science
- International Economics
- International History and Politics
- International Law
- Anthropology and Sociology
Required Documents of Swiss Scholarship
- Copies of degrees from institutions recognized by the Swiss government (available at https://aaq.ch).
- A letter of intent
- An academic resume.
- Official academic transcripts that list all of the curriculum, grades, and their respective weights
Benefits of Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship
- The Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship for Afghan Women has a two-year length and a 25,000 Swiss franc annual award.
- Beneficiaries are required to write a report at the conclusion of their first academic year to demonstrate their success for the following year.
- The Institute will renew the scholarship in light of this study.
- The tuition charge is CHF 5000 for Swiss citizens, CHF 8000 for non-citizens, and the monthly living expenses range from CHF 1460 to CHF 2700.
Eligibility Criteria For Swiss Scholarship
Afghan women who fit the following requirements may apply for the Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship:
- All Afghan women are eligible for the award, regardless of socioeconomic background, ethnicity, or religion.
- Candidates must be Afghan women who either live in Afghanistan or have strong ties to the country.
- Academic module with an IELTS band score of 6.5 or higher.
- TOEFL minimum score of 20 in each of the four component areas, for a total score of 86.
Application Procedure For Swiss Scholarship
- Send the above-mentioned application materials via email to the Maria Rosario Lazzati Niada Scholarship for Afghan Women Committee, which will screen the submissions and determine whether to award the scholarship.
- Enter one of the master’s programs offered by the Geneva Graduate Institute.
- There are two independent processes.
- Contact email@example.com for questions about study options or admissions, or look up more information on the Swiss Postgraduate Scholarship for Afghan Women on the Geneva Graduate Institute website.