The Netherlands’ Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LExS) 2024 is now accepting applications for master’s scholarships. With the exception of individuals enrolling in a Master’s program at the Leiden Law School, an LLM, or non-advanced studies programs. Therefore, applicants who are hoping to be accepted into a Leiden University Master’s degree program will be given consideration for the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship.
- Degree Level: Master’s
- University: Leiden University
- Scholarship Value: Partially funded
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Deadline: 01. February. 2024
- Eligible Countries: Non-EEA/Non-EFTA students
- Exception: All nationalities are eligible for Advanced LLMs and the MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
Benefits of The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
All nationalities are eligible for Advanced LLMs and MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy. The LExS Master’s Degree Scholarship is awarded for the entire length of the study plan.
There are three categories of awards:
- €10,000 for tuition.
- €15,000 for tuition.
- Without the mandatory tuition fee, the full tuition fee
It is also crucial to remember that the LExS is not a comprehensive scholarship. ‘Evidence of sufficient funds’ must still be presented by non-EEA LExS participants when they apply for a student visa or residency permit. igible.
Eligibility Criteria For The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
- Students must have achieved academic success in their prior program(s) of study, and those programs must be pertinent to the Master’s program for which they are applying.
- Passports from countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) are required for applicants.
- Students who receive a LExS are required to abide by the scholarship’s terms and conditions and acknowledge their agreement in writing before the scholarship is given.
- Except for students applying for a Master’s program that calls for a specified prior Master’s program or work experience, scholarships will not be awarded to candidates who have already received a Master’s degree from Leiden University.
- Initially, a copy of a legal passport or other form of identity.
- Also, a copy of your Dutch residency permit, if you have one.
- CV or resume
- Additionally, English language proficiency
- In addition, copies of diplomas and transcripts
- Moreover, letters of recommendation and motivation