International students can apply for the fully funded International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship 2024–2025. The recipient of this fellowship will receive a stipend of up to $50,000 USD to help with living expenses and round-trip transportation.
Basically, young ophthalmologists worldwide who intend to do basic or clinical research at a particular university are eligible for the ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship. Enhancing ophthalmic education to improve eye care and contribute to the conservation and restoration of vision globally is one of the critical goals and duties of the ICO. The ICO offers educational projects and programs to strengthen and advance ophthalmic education, particularly in poor countries, in order to uphold this commitment.
- Degree Level: Research Fellowship, Postdoctoral
- Institution: The chosen university,(preferably in a foreign country where they live)
- Host Countries: Different Countries
- Scholarship Value: Fully Funded
- Deadline: March 31 and September 30 (each year)
Benefits of The International Council of Ophthalmology Fellowship(ICO)
The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowship offers the recipient a stipend of up to US$50,000 to aid with living costs and round-trip transportation.
Eligibility Criteria For The ICO Fellowship
- English is a required language.
- Initially, all nations in the world are eligible.
- A summary of prior work in the application’s field.
- Detailed curriculum vitae with impact factors and a list of articles.
- Additionally, the present program director is recommended.
- validation of the chosen host university’s viability.
- Moreover, a thorough explanation of how research should be carried out once the fellowship has ended.
- Sustainability statement, i.e., reassurance from the current program director that the applicant may return and resume his or her employment following the fellowship.
- Basic prerequisites:
- Initially, 12 months or more of training in research.
- Additionally, the ICO website online application.
- Moreover, a copy of the ophthalmology specialist exam must be passed.
- The applicant must speak the language of the fellowship training center quite well.
- Furthermore, the applicant must be under 40 when the application is submitted.