Description of Fellowship
First off, a postdoctoral scholarship in astrophysics is available at the University of Oslo in 2023. However, there is no closing date for submitting applications. Additionally, the University of Oslo is providing this scholarship, which is worth a minimum of NOK 20,000 a month for housing and living costs and partial funding. The application process for this award is open to all nationalities.
Furthermore, the Institute of Theoretical Astrophysics at the University of Oslo houses potent research groups in solar physics and cosmology. Both teams also devote a lot of time to computational research, making use of both internal resources and supercomputers around the world. The post-doctoral position is affiliated with the solar physics group, which is renowned for creating accurate radiative magnetohydrodynamic models of the solar environment and state-of-the-art data analysis methods for high-cadence imaging and spectroscopic studies. The atmospheres of cool stars are currently the subject of increased research. The fellowship must cover at least NOK 20,000 in living expenses each month.
- Degree: Post Doc
- Provided by: University of Oslo
- Deadline: Always Open
- Scholarship value: Partial Funded
Also, apply for this Funded Rotary Peace Fellowship for 2023 in Australia
Eligibility for the Norway Fellowship 2023
- The candidates for these fellowships will be chosen by the selection committee in accordance with this, and we presumptively presume that the candidates have academic credentials that place them in the top third of their class.
- English language ability is required.
- To be considered, candidates must hold a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in astrophysics, astronomy, or space sciences.
- Ideally, the candidate will have a background in solar or stellar physics and should have experience with numerical models and/or the interpretation of observations, including the processing of large data sets.
- We, therefore, encourage applicants to have knowledge of hydrodynamics, non-LTE radiative transfer, and/or radiation hydrodynamics.
- IDL and Fortran90 coding will be required for the application. As a result, programming experience is required.
Duration of award:
The fellowship, however, only lasts for two years. Although a later start date can be agreed upon, the ideal time would be January 1, 2023.