For PhD degrees in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, social sciences, arts, and humanities, as well as other allied fields, the Daphne Jackson Scholarship 2023 is available.
A deadline that varies must be met for your application. The fellowship is provided by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and is fully supported, including salary and retraining costs. Any citizen may submit an application for this scholarship.
These fellowships are open to anyone who want to resume their research career after taking a two-year hiatus or longer owing to caring, medical, or familial responsibilities. The objective is to provide participants with the knowledge and confidence they need to successfully resume their research careers. They give you the opportunity to combine an in-depth research project with a personalized retraining course in a warm UK university or research environment.
Provided by: UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Deadline: Deadline varies
Scholarship value: Full Funding, salary + retraining costs
Location: United Kingdom
Eligibility For Daphne Jackson Fellowship
- Candidates must have a strong command of both spoken and written English as well as strong computer skills.
- Candidates must have taken a two-year or longer career hiatus for familial, medical, or caring obligations.
- Candidates should possess a strong first degree in a field of research.
- Prior to taking a career sabbatical, candidates must have a Ph.D. or at least three years of research experience (in an academic or industry setting) with documentation of research impacts and outputs.
- Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK and be UK residents at the time of application.
- Candidates possessing a Tier 2 visa or those qualified to apply for a Global Talent Visa will be taken into consideration.
- personal history and expertise
- The possibility of obtaining sponsorship.
- Potential career advantages of a Fellowship for applicants
- Both travel and support