The Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Award for Women 2023, Australia, is open to female and foreign students. The scholarship allows students to enroll in any postgraduate-level course provided by Australian universities in any subject area. The deadline for scholarship applications is June 20, 2023.
Through the Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Award for Women, a female academic can receive up to $5,000 annually to support research efforts that will lead to publications. Additionally, the prize can be used to cover expenses such as child care that are not often paid by university funding, enabling academic women to fulfill their professional commitments and research goals while simultaneously challenging established gender norms associated with domestic caregiving.
Brief Info About Capstone Editing Early Scholarship
- Degree: Postgraduate
- University: Australian Universities
- Deadline: 20 June 2023
- Funded Type: Grant for Women provides up to A$5,000 for one academic per year
- Location: Australia
Why Does Capstone Editing Want to Help?
The underrepresentation of women in higher academic positions, known as the “pipeline effect,” persists despite their substantial representation at the undergraduate and graduate levels of academia. This effect is brought about by the competitive climate in academia, which has a disproportionately detrimental influence on women’s decisions to pursue academic careers and their advancement within them.
Due to severe workloads, unrealistic expectations for research output, and unpaid overtime, many academics work more than 40 hours a week, with some working as many as 80 hours. This workload is particularly challenging for female academics due to social expectations and institutional circumstances that force them to assume greater responsibility for parenting and care chores.
How Can They Assist?
Early-career academic women frequently struggle to strike a balance between their many responsibilities and research goals, which may require them to work long hours outside of conventional working hours. Even though it is discouraged, this behavior is typically accepted and occasionally even expected in academic environments.
However, women who have additional childcare responsibilities may find it challenging to do this additional job, which would put them at a disadvantage compared to coworkers who do not have similar responsibilities. Capstone Editing acknowledges the growing difficulties female academics have in advancing and maintaining their careers and attempts to address this problem by providing practical and financial assistance through this fellowship. Overall, by offering young female academics financial help, Capstone Editing hopes to decrease the challenges they face.
- You must be a woman.
- Additionally, you must be an academic faculty member working in a research-related role in an Australian or New Zealand university (professional
- In addition, staff and employees in positions that only involve teaching are not eligible).
- Either full- or part-time work is possible.
- Furthermore, you must be a new student in academia. Anyone who has earned their Ph.D. during the past six years or who began their first
- continuing or fixed-term academic work within the past two years is eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have previously applied but have been turned down may do so every year.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are an employee or contractor of Capstone Editing, or if you are a family member of one.
- Application deadlines are June 24, 2023, and August 10, 2022.
- On July 25, 2023, the organization will provide an award.
- The academic merit and the need for financial support are taken into account when deciding who gets the Capstone Editing Early Career Academic Research Award for Women.
- Each application will be properly examined.
- At its exclusive discretion, Capstone Editing will choose the winner, and that decision is final.
- To apply, please complete the application form below.
- If you still have concerns or need more information after reading the FAQs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply For Capstone Editing Grant?
Simply fill out this form and submit it together with your supporting documentation to apply for this scholarship. Please make sure you have reviewed our terms and conditions to determine your eligibility. Please read the privacy statement for more information on how Capstone Editing safeguards your personal information.