The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage and support students who wish to pursue postgraduate studies in history at the Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington. It has been generously donated by friends of Annette Black in her honor and memory. Annette earned a BA (Hons) in history from Victoria University of Wellington in 1965 and an MA in history with a thesis on “Nineteenth-Century Society and the Reform of the Endowed Grammar Schools, 1805-1874” in 1970. Later, she went back to school and earned an MBA in 1990 in addition to a Diploma in Educational Studies in 1975. Annette held a number of important positions for the New Zealand Law Society over her incredibly successful career.
Brief Information About Annette E. Black Master
- Degree: Masters
- Provided by: Victoria University of Wellington
- Deadline: 01 Nov 2023
- Scholarship value: Full Funding, $25,000 per year
- Location: New Zealand
Who is eligible?
- The master’s thesis in history at the Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington is required of candidates for this award.
Selection Standards For New Zealand Scholarship
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time in a Master’s by Thesis program at the Te Herenga Waka-Victoria University of Wellington or intend to do so.
- History must be the applicant’s major.
- Academic merit will be used to determine selection. If there are several candidates who are equally qualified, consideration may be given to applicants who are from significant rural areas.
Application Process For New Zealand Scholarship
- Through Community Force, all scholarship applications are submitted.
- On the closing date, a completed online application must be submitted by 4.30 p.m. Applications that are submitted late or in part won’t be approved. The application must be submitted by 4.30 pm on the closing date together with any necessary supporting materials (including references).
- Typically, applications become available one month before the deadline. If there isn’t an application link listed here, come back later, closer to the deadline. Inquire with us if you have any questions.
Important Information About New Zealand Scholarship
- The scholarship will be used to cover tuition costs and levies initially, with the remaining funds being distributed as a monthly stipend.
- At the start of their scholarship, the chosen recipient will be requested to send a letter of gratitude to the donor.
- Additionally, they will be required to give the donor the abstract of their thesis, which summarises their work, at the conclusion of their research.